Outpost’s foundational structure is and always has been small, consistent groups in a program that is 100% outdoors. This “big picture” foundation is ideal as we continually adapt the “smaller picture” details to ensure we are operating as safely as possible and following all guidelines from our regulatory agencies.
Mutual Acknowledgment of Risk
As we know, COVID-19 and other viruses will be with us for the foreseeable future. No matter what procedures and protocols are put in place, there is simply no way to guarantee that COVID-19 or any other communicable disease will not enter camp. By the very nature of the personal interactions that take place in a school or camp environment, there is always a risk of your child contracting this or any other disease or infection. We will do everything within our power to keep your child healthy and safe at Outpost this summer.
Our Regulatory Agencies
We follow the most current federal and local guidelines with regards to best practices for preventing, identifying, and managing COVID-19 and other illnesses. We partner with the following agencies and follow their required guidelines in full:
- San Diego Department of Environmental Health
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- American Camp Association
- City of San Diego (Canyonside Recreation Center)
We will continue to modify our programming as may be required by the agencies above. This page will be updated as regulations change.
Because of the close contact within a camp community, and to mitigate the risks, we have kept or implemented the following procedures:
- Children in Outpost are placed in small, consistent groups based on age (maximum of 12 campers each). Children spend the majority of each camp day with their small, consistent group.
- Per our guidelines regarding outdoor recreation, children are not required to wear masks.
- Our camp fully supports all children and staff choosing to wear masks at any time during the camp day as we want each of our community members to feel comfortable and safe. Please contact our office if you wish to discuss this.
- We have updated hygiene protocols for cleaning. This includes scheduled times throughout each day for handwashing.