Assistant Director – FILLED FOR Summer 2023
The Assistant Director provides support to the Outpost Day Camp Director. Outpost’s Day Camp Program is made up of three smaller camps: Junior Outpost (grades K-2, partial day program, 9:30AM to 1:30PM), Lower Camp (grades K-2, full day program, 9AM to 3PM), and Upper Camp (grades 3-5, full day program, 9AM to 3PM). Outpost’s Day Camp Assistant Directors each have direct responsibility for the oversight of one of these smaller camps.
We are seeking someone with previous camp experience in one or more of the program components, including but not limited to:
- Knowledge of camp activities and ability to design and coordinate groups’ schedules
- First Aid/CPR-certified and able to provide camp healthcare assistance
- Knowledge of archery, nature activities and/or other traditional camp programs
- Ability to supervise camp staff and work with children ages 5-11
- Established leadership and supervisory experience and history of working successfully with a close team
Minimum requirements are CPR/First Aid certification prior to camp. Bachelor’s degree and previous camp experience highly preferred.
Apply for an Administrative Position
Applicants should email a resume and brief description of their experience and applicability for the position to Kelly Jones, PhD, Executive Director. This is a full time position, approximately 7:45 AM to 4:15 PM each day from early June through Friday, August 11, 2023. Pay is based on previous experience and offered over a 10-12 week contract.