Assistant Camp Director – Day Camp – POSITION FILLED December 2019
The Assistant Director provides support to the Outpost Day Camp Director. Outpost’s Day Camp Program is made up of three smaller camps: Lower Camp (grades K and 1), Middle Camp (grades 2 and 3), and Upper Camp (grades 4 and 5). Outpost’s Day Camp Assistant Directors each have direct responsibility for the oversight of one of these smaller camps.
We are seeking someone with previous camp experience in one or more of the program components, including but not limited to:
- Knowledge of camp activities and ability to design and coordinate the group schedule
- First Aid/CPR certified and able to serve as camp “health care” manager or assistant
- Knowledge of archery, nature activities and/or other traditional camp programs
- Willingness to obtain a California Class B license (or currently having one)
- Ability to supervise camp staff and work with children ages 5-10
- Established leadership and supervisory experience and history of working successfully with a close team
Minimum requirements are CPR/FA certification prior to camp. Bachelor’s degree and previous camp experience highly preferred.
Apply for an Administrative Position
Applicants should email a resume and brief description of their experience and applicability for the position to Stuart Jones, Owner/Director. This is a full time seasonal position, approximately 8:15 – 5:15 each day from early June through Friday, August 14, 2020. Salary is based on previous experience and offered over a 10-12 week contract.